6/19/09

Finished off



I poked around everywhere with my recorder. I recorded the sound of the wind in the trees, the storm, people crisscrossing the streets. I recorded birds. I stuck a microphone to my chest to get my heartbeat, hoping I wouldn't find any weird noise. I recorded music too, guitar, accordion, violin, drums.

I was thrilled by the music coming from the street. When you hear a violin yelling through the sound of people steps and voices, you are led to figure out someone playing this violin. It is so more alive. I didn't expect such feelings. That's why I kept a recording more poor, rather than a technically perfect one I had, which sounded lifeless, like a disc.

I added Lydia Lunch's music on the timeline. I did a bunch of settings. And "voilà": a version of this film is done. The work is finished off, or I am, I'm not sure...

This moment is weird: the huge task is over, but nobody gave a look at your movie yet. It has not been received nor judged. It's still completely yours. Shall I show it at all?

The poster would go like this, what do you think?

2 comments:

Ray Avito said...

The poster is fantastic!

MT said...

very cool, and very exciting stuff.

ShareThis