5/1/09

Impression of the first viewer


Natal is the first viewer of Unfaithful. She watched a draft version and gives us her impressions in this text she wrote:

"Claude has successfully saved a first version of Unfaithful on a usb stick.

He gave it to me at the café "the ant".

He warned me: the image is tiny and it is too long.

I waited a few days. Then I opened the file: oh yes it is very small... I launched it and I watched.

Almost two hours later I stood before this small black window. The last scene is incredible.

I looked into it. I needed time to understand all the hazards and the traps avoided in this movie.

What I just watched does not look like anything I've seen before.

The intimacy is obvious. It comes from several factors that Claude has established. We talked about some of them together.

From the beginning, he invites us to participate in this quite confusing experiment, when he claims: "I ask you to have sex with me"...

He handles his power as director with delicacy and carefulness and reduces it.
First, he speaks softly to the actor and frequently asks if he's fine as if he was asking "do we go on?".
And he seems to mind what he shows when he moves his camera, as if he was checking if the viewer is well seated.

We do not feel like voyeurs ready to watch two dudes fucking. We are identified and invited as witnesses who almost act on the scenes by our presence.

The small disturbances he organizes, without aggression, question about what is currently happening, what is true, what is made up. He plays and make us play.

As privacy grows between those two characters, an intimacy is created between us and them.
We are connected to this experiment, we are part of it.

All of this, among other things, builds confidence in this trio, this almost "ménage à trois".

There is also intimacy of the bodies as they strip, get dressed, strip again.
The desire is expressed through the Nudes without hiding, sometimes despite themselves. They come to contradict the lines or to improve them. They have their own
language ready to betray or exceed words. I understand what sex allows here.

I do not want to reveal too much what happens, but I wonder what Claude is going to cut.

Natal"



Mood:


Google request: "best blowjob in mainstream movie"

Do you want to be faithful to Unfaithful? (click...)

3 comments:

nitesh said...

looking forward to watch the film.

Ray Avito said...

A very smart review. I'm even more intrigued!

abraham palafox said...

hi
:)

ShareThis