5/13/09

The editing is done


The editing of the movie is done. I did it a third time. The task seemed so huge. But all the pieces match now.

I did not sleep those last weeks. I did not go out also. I drew and put together my strength. Voilà.

This is funny how things happened. I would have been sure most of them were not meant to happen if I had thought about it a priori, on paper as they say.

First of all, this whole experience of facing the desire, the other one and reality. But this is the plot of the movie, you will see.

But I'm talking technically. For example, before making the film, I hated those long establishing shots. I never thought making a film in which the camera did not move all the time to get every single detail. And truth to be told, the idea of this film made with a bunch of those shots bothered me. I rejected it as much as I could. It is very funny to think about it now. I watch these shots, their strength, how they allow to catch very subtle things and how they are delicate. I have come to the point where I threw a lot of close-ups away to keep only those shots I did not want to record at first.

I think a film is a portrait of the person you're shooting. I could have made a self portrait, it did not happen in my mind. I threw away all the shots where I looked smart or pretty. I was the first to get bored watching them. I have not made a film to flatter me. I am not saying that I would not make that kind of movie one day ... lol So, I appear in this film by accident.

But this film, I think, is also a beautiful portrait of Marcel, who appears as no one has ever seen before.

I have made up many aftermaths in the movie, those moments when the actors and the viewer take the time to let things happen. At a time when they are avoided because of the fear of down or idle time, this is undoubtedly the most radical choice I did, the one I'm not sure it will be ok. Yet how to get the small details, this mood coming and going in a few seconds, other than taking the time to let them come?

The editing is ended. I have a few small details to resolve, I think I keep these details not to pull myself away from the movie too fast. There is still the sound to work on. It will take me a few days. But the most of the movie is done.

I do not know if I am relieved, satisfied or lost. I think I'm rather overexcited.

I'll show you a trailer pretty soon ...


Mood:



Do you want to be faithful to Unfaithful? (click...)

No comments:

ShareThis